Hummus made of chickpeas is very easy to make but tasty and healthy alternative to store bought spreads.
- 200 g of canned/cooked chickpeas
- 150 ml of olive oil
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 3 garlic cloves
- juice of 1 lemon
- spices: salt, pepper, cumin
- If you are using dried chickpeas, pre-soak them and then bring the water to a boil, reduce to a slow simmer, and cook until the beans are tender.
- Toast sesame seeds on a pan without oil. Put the chickpeas into a blender or a food processor and process until smooth. Chop up the garlic and add it to chickpeas.
- Gradually add olive oil and lemon juice.
- At the end, add sesame seeds and cumin.
Note: for easy grams to cups conversion please visit Gram Calculator.