If you are in search for a good vegan lunch/dinner idea you should try this noodles recipe. Prep takes about 15 minutes and cook time is 20 minutes!
Ingredients (for 2 servings):
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked noodles of choice (gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 cup zucchini, diced
- 1 small carrot, diced
- 3/4 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup broccoli, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup white wine (low sodium vegetable broth is also an option)
- 1/2 tsp each ground thyme, oregano, coriander, and smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup vegan cheese shreds (we used brand Daiya)
- Cook the noodles on the stove according to package directions until al dente.
- Mist a skillet with olive oil or coconut oil spray.
- Sautee the garlic for 1 minute on medium heat, then add the zucchini, carrot, onion, broccoli and red pepper. Stir often for 5 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- Turn heat down to low. Add the white wine/vegetable broth, thyme, oregano, coriander and smoked paprika. Stir well, then cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid and turn the heat back up to medium. Add the coconut oil and stir until melted, then mix in the coconut milk, Daiya cheese and cooked noodles. Continue stirring for another 2 minutes to allow the cheese to melt.
- Season with sea salt and black pepper to taste, then garnish with parsley or fresh chives and serve.