Try this simple recipe from Jamie’s Oliver cookbook. You can make this for dinner or lunch!
COOKS IN: 20 MINUTES
- 200 g freshly podded or frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon flaked almonds
- 1 small clove of garlic
- 1/2 a bunch of fresh basil, (15g)
- 15 g parmesan cheese
- juice of 1 lemon
- 150 g wholewheat spaghetti
- 1 rasher of lean bacon, fat removed and finely diced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 100 g fat-free natural yoghurt
- Put a pan of salted boiling water on the heat for pasta, and then dunk a sieve containing the peas into the water for 30 seconds- then set the peas aside and leave the water simmering.
- Lightly toast the almonds in a dry, non-stick frying pan and then pop into a food processor with the garlic clove, a little sea salt, the basil leaves, the grated parmesan and the lemon juice. Blitz it all up, and then pulse in the peas.
- Cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions, and while it is cooking, fry the bacon slowly in 1 tsp olive oil until nice and crispy.
- Remove the bacon from the pan and set aside, and then heat 3/4 of the pea mixture through in the frying pan.
- Whisk the egg and yoghurt together well, when the pasta is done, scoop out a mugful of the water to save, and drain the spaghetti.
- Toss the spaghetti into the frying pan with the pea mixture, mixing well. Take the pan off the heat.
- Pour in the egg mixture to the spaghetti and toss until evenly coated, silky and creamy, loosening with the water in the mug if needed.
- Season it well, and then serve topped with the remaining pea mixture and the crispy bacon.
Note: for easy grams to cups conversion please visit Gram Calculator.