Simple dessert recipe that requires a few ingredients and can be made vegan if you use vegan version of chocolate.
PREPS IN: 25 MINUTES + 15-25 MINUTES FOR CHILLING
- 1/2 cup pitted Medjool dates
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- pinch of salt (omit if your cashews are salted)
- 2 large peeled bananas, frozen
- 2 tsp raw cacao powder
- a few tbsp unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk, to blend
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- fresh raspberries
- shaved dark chocolate
- Remove the frozen bananas from the freezer and set them out on the counter to partially thaw.
- For the crust: In a food processor, blend the cashews, dates and coconut oil until a coarse mixture forms. Using a piece of cling film or a sandwich bag so that you don’t get your hands sticky, use your fingers to press an even layer into the bottom and up the sides of two small tart dishes.
- For the filling: In the same food processor or in a blender, blend the bananas with the raw cacao powder, vanilla, and just enough coconut/almond milk to get things moving. It should have a smooth texture, similar to that of soft serve ice cream or a really thick smoothie.
- Divide the filling between the tarts, smoothing with the back of a spoon. Pop them in the freezer for 15-25 minutes. This will help the crust to set.
- Wash the raspberries and shave the dark chocolate with a sharp knife. Remove the tarts from the freezer. Top with raspberries and chocolate shavings, then serve.