Try this simple bread recipe that can be prepared and baked in 30 minutes. It’s tasty and low-calorie if you use low fat cottage cheese. No-knead, no-rise bread!
- 1 small egg
- 200 g cottage cheese (low fat cottage cheese is also an option)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 180g of mixed flour (you can use spelt flour, oat flour, rye flour, whole wheat flour…)
- 20 g ground flaxseeds
- 20 g sesame seeds
- 20 g sunflower seeds
- Preheat oven to 170 °C (340 °F).
- Crack the egg and beat it with a fork for about 30 seconds. Add the cottage cheese and mix well.
- In a separate bowl mix all of the dry ingredients (salt, baking soda, flour and seeds).
- Add dry ingredients into wet and mix until you get a dough.
- Shape the dough into desired form (or you can make separate buns out of the dough) and transfer it onto the baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the dough comes out clean. The bread won’t rise in size.
- Quick bread can be stored at room temperature up to 4 days.