Easy recipe for fast, microwave oatmeal. Great for a healthy start of the day. Follow this easy instructions and enjoy in delicious and nutritional breakfast!
- 1/4 cup old fashioned/rolled or quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup skim milk or non-dairy milk (almond, rice, soy, oat, etc.)
- 1 mashed banana (as a substitute for sweetener)
- handful of frozen fruit of your choice (raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, etc.)
- dash of cinnamon
- nuts (almonds, walnuts, cashews…)
- corn cereal
Mix oats and milk of your choice in a microwave safe bowl or a plate (we recommend a shallow plate) and place it in the microwave.
Microwave the oatmeal, uncovered for 2 minutes on high.
After 1 minute, you can add your frozen fruit and continue to cook oatmeal.
When the oatmeal is done, mash 1 banana and add it to the oatmeal. Also, you can add cinnamon and corn cereal and/or nuts for crunch.